[Nek5000-users] 1. help : compiling error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 10 22:50:23 CST 2016

mansi?

Hi...  In general, things will compile with a lot of warnings about
array sizes, etc..; don't know if there are any specific problems in
your case or not...

The compiler failure error is what is stopping the final compile and
link.  Not sure, but this could be a compiler/library version problem.
I seem to remember that I had problems in the past when the version of
Linux and the gcc/gfortran compiler was too old... Ask your system admin
to do a "yum update ; yum upgrade".  In some cases, the version of
RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux is so old that the latest compiler
available for that version is still too old.  If that's the case, you
must install and use your own version of a newer gfortran - this is very
difficult because of all the dependencies, references, and libraries
required; or, upgrade the base system version to the latest - much
easier, but you may have problems getting an admin to do this ;-).  If
you control the machine, do it yourself...  Note that this problem was
referenced in another NEK5000 mailing list entry; do a search of the
archives to find it using "...internal compiler error: in
expand_expr_real_1"

See Ya,
Murph

--
Murphy Leo O'Dea
PhD Candidate
mlodea at oakland.edu

             s23 = sij(j1,j2,1,5,e)
1
Warning: Array reference at (1) is out of bounds
gfortran -c  -O2 -fdefault-real-8 -fdefault-double-8 -x f77-cpp-input
-DPTRSIZE8 -DLONGINT8 -DUNDERSCORE -DGLOBAL_LONG_LONG
-I/home/users/mansi/eddy -I/home/users/mansi/nek5_svn/trunk/nek
-I/home/users/mansi/nek5_svn/trunk/nek/cmt -I./
/home/users/mansi/nek5_svn/trunk/nek/fasts.f -o obj/fasts.o
/home/users/mansi/nek5_svn/trunk/nek/navier8.f: In function ‘setvert3d’:
/home/users/mansi/nek5_svn/trunk/nek/navier8.f:2354: internal compiler
error: in expand_expr_real_1, at expr.c:6846
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
make: *** [obj/navier8.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  In file /home/users/mansi/nek5_svn/trunk/nek/fasts.f:343