[Nek5000-users] SYM boundary conditions

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 10 16:46:11 CST 2016

The flow is turbulent in the real case. It is also an external flow...

About damping the turbulence using a forcing, do you mean that I could
add something like ffx=-sin(omega*time) in the userf subroutine (being
ux=sin(omega*time))? Or do you mean that I should use a selective
frequency damping subroutine?

About turn_outflow() routine, it is working when the flow is external?

Does it make sense using SYM in the sides of the domain and ON in the
outlet surface? Or the idea is using ON in both, the sides and the
outlet surface?

Thank you very much for your help.
Cheers
SL