[Nek5000-users] Project from the velocity grid to the pressure grid.

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 14 13:33:12 CST 2016

Hi Neks,

I am trying to extrude 2D fields .fld to 3D fields. To do so I followed
what was said there
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/2013-October/002333.html
. It worked fine for the velocities and the temperature fields, but for
the pressure, I am having some troubles.

I am using the PN/PN-2 approach, and so my velocities and pressure are
not defined on the same grid, but the pressure values that I can recover
from the .fld  are mapped on the velocity grid. My question then would
be: is there a (quick) way to have the pressure "projected back" on its
grid ? Did anyone has this problem ?

Thank you for your help,

Pierre-Emmanuel des Boscs.