[Nek5000-users] Parallel speedup on supercomputer Tianhe-2

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 5 04:23:39 CST 2016

What's your problem size (number of elements and polynomial order)?

Let's assume t_MPI << t (this holds if your problem size is reasonably large). Even in this limit you don't get a linear intra-node speedup simply because Nek5000 is not purely compute bound and the cumulative memory bandwidth is saturated with N cores (N < total number of cores).

Cheers,

Stefan