[Nek5000-users] Spectral method with Nek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 2 11:11:30 CDT 2016

This is absolutely true - one element corresponds to a spectral calculation.

You do need, however, enough points to resolve the scales of motion, as is always
the case, which means you need large values of N.   (The first spectral results were
32^3, and then the breakthrough 100^3 by Orszag in the early 70s - the famed centicubed
simulations.)