[Nek5000-users] userchk in turbChannel

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 16 14:14:41 CDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to use a round pipe mesh with this LES formulation but this
section in userchk is tripping me up:

      nelx = 8       ! Number of elements in x,y, and z directions.
      nely = 8       ! NOTE, this may vary from one mesh to the next.
      nelz = 8       !

      ntot = nx1*ny1*nz1*nelv

      ! do some checks
      if (istep.eq.0) then
         if(mod(nely,2).ne.0) then
           if(nid.eq.0) write(6,*) 'ABORT: nely has to be even!'
           call exitt
         endif
         if(nelx.gt.lelx .or. nely.gt.lely .or. nelz.gt.lelz) then
           if(nid.eq.0) write(6,*) 'ABORT: nel_xyz > lel_xyz!'
           call exitt
         endif
      endif

How should I determine nelx and nely for the circular area at the end
of the pipe?  I have 56 elements in this area (x-y plane) extruded to
10 layers with n2to3 (560 total elements).

Thanks,

David