[Nek5000-users] Using results from a run as boundary condition for another one

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 29 03:01:49 CDT 2015

Goodmoring Neks,
I'm running some calculation on a laminar channel flow that contains a
geometrical disturbance, similar to a "bump".
It has been proved experimentally that the flow upwind is not affected by
the presence of this impingement.

Thus, in order to reduce the computational cost, I would like to *split* the
case, say compute the "upwind" laminar channel flow separately, and then
use the results as boundary conditions for a successive run, in my case
containing the bump itself.

My question is: is it possible to extract the computed fields from a given
plane, and then use them as an "inflow" boundary condition on a successive
run?
I think I'll need to use the same mesh topology, in order to avoid any
interpolation.

Thank you for your attention

Sincerely

Ciccio