[Nek5000-users] Rayleigh example - no flow development

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun May 10 22:48:47 CDT 2015

Dear all,

I modified the rea and the buoy now works. However, I got all the velocity,
temp diverge. As shown in my usr and rea, I set the initial and boundary
condition both as T = -z, ux=uy=uz=0. But in my first fld output, I got a
different look -

My geometry starts from z = -0.5 to 0.5. There shouldn't be any asymmetry
and T should not be less than -0.5. Is there anything else wrong with my
setting? I believe it is the strange initial condition that leads to my
problem. I set DT = 0.2E-2 in rea already. The divergence persists. It
diverges right at the start of the simulation. Do you know the source of
the problem?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Simon