[Nek5000-users] Rayleigh example - no flow development

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 8 02:55:42 CDT 2015

Hi Simon,

Breaking the symmetry is indeed a good idea in general. Although, at high Rayleigh numbers this is not entirely necessary in my experience. I typically don’t add any perturbations.

I noticed a small typo in userf: “ffz = bouy”, not “ffz = buoy”.

Also, you load a restart file in the .rea file. This will overload the initial conditions, T=-z, you have originally specified in useric.

Regards,
Gijs