[Nek5000-users] Rayleigh example - no flow development

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 7 21:25:25 CDT 2015

Hi Simon,

What is your Rayleigh number?

Paul

________________________________
From: nek5000-users-bounces at lists.mcs.anl.gov [nek5000-users-bounces at lists.mcs.anl.gov] on behalf of nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov [nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 8:17 PM
To: nek5000-use.
Subject: [Nek5000-users] Rayleigh example - no flow development

Dear all neks,

Recently I have tried to modify the rayleigh example to my case. However, I discovered that no flow field is developed after a long time. All velocities are zero. I guess I miss something important in the example. Anyone knows which part of the code could lead to this?

Also, although I start with T = -z, I got asymmetric initial condition, something not as I specified as viewed in postnek. Did I miss any point in the .rea and .usr? The files are attached here. They are modified rea and usr from rayleigh to my case.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Simon