[Nek5000-users] Rayleigh example - no flow development

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 7 20:17:28 CDT 2015

Dear all neks,

Recently I have tried to modify the rayleigh example to my case. However, I
discovered that no flow field is developed after a long time. All
velocities are zero. I guess I miss something important in the example.
Anyone knows which part of the code could lead to this?

Also, although I start with T = -z, I got asymmetric initial condition,
something not as I specified as viewed in postnek. Did I miss any point in
the .rea and .usr? The files are attached here. They are modified rea and
usr from rayleigh to my case.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Simon