[Nek5000-users] uniform interpolation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 26 08:28:43 CST 2015

Hi Tanmoy, thanks for the answer

 int_tp is working perfectly for me now, the only issue is that it works
only for ASCII input files.

For my 3D simulation each text file occupies 100mb and I need more than
1000 time slices for analysis,

so it becomes a real issue.

 1.  I have not understood the purpose of you script,

to make file.list I just execute a command like

ls -1  *0.f* > file.list

What was annoying for me is the manual confirmations after each file in
list.

I got rid of that by moving the part of int_tp.f file:

---         write(6,*) 'Input File Format: 0 - ASCII, 1 - binary(fld),

---     $   2 - binary(0.f0000?) ? '

---         read (5,*) ib

---         ifbyte=.false.

---         iffbin=.false.

---         if(ib.ne.0) ifbyte = .true.

---         if(ib.eq.2) iffbin = .true.

out  of the cycle.

But what I can't figure out is how to make it working  properly with binary
input format

2. If I am correct ifreguo = .true.  allows you write on a uniform mesh
inside each element

instead of GLL points. But I have a nonuniform mesh in terms of elements --

the density of elements is greater near the boundaries.

So uniform mesh inside elements will not give me global uniform mesh.

 3. For Fourier analysis I use either fftw (www.fftw.org)

or routines from matlab, which are based on fftw.

Really i need to filter spacial waves on different time frequency, and for
that I need both time and space analysis (Hilbert transform),

which can be also done with direct and inverse fft.

>From results of int_tp I can construct a vector or square matrix (in 2D
case) in matlab and apply fft to it.

 Best regards, Ilias

Hi Ilias to circumvent, writing too mainy files in the "file.list"