[Nek5000-users] uniform interpolation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 24 12:08:27 CST 2015

For time-space Fourier analysis I need data on a uniform mesh.
So I have used int_tp.

When I applied int_tp to binary *0.f*  files (param(66) = 6) I have got a
strange pictures which reflect the solution, but as if some elements were
switched before interpolation.

So I tried to make uniform interpolation to the most simple tutorial
examples, namely Rayleigh-Bendard ray_nn case.

Again if I apply int_tp to binary *0.f* of *fld*, then the result is as if
the some space patches where switched,
but if int_tp is applied ot ASCII fld files  (param(66) = 6) then int_tp
works and saves the result correctly to both text and binary format.

Is it a common problem, or I miss something? (input files in text format
work for me but occupie too much space.)

Also, for each file in file.list int_tp asks for input file format.
But to make time-space analysis I need more that 1000 files in file.list,
and
it is tiresome to type an answer that number of times.
It could be better to choose input file format just once at the beginning?

Thank you in advance, Ilias