[Nek5000-users] Full restart with a different time step

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 9 06:29:50 CST 2015

Dear Neks,

Sorry for bringing up this topic again. I just found something with the varying time step.

In my simulation, I'm using fixed mass flow rate with PnPn-2 method. I'm also using the full restart option. As suggested by Philipp last time, once I stop reading restart files from the disk, I could go ahead with a different time step size. However, the simulation crashed with NaN values since the step I changed my DT.

Interestingly, varying DT works when I use (fixed mass flow + PnPn) combination. Just wonder why varying DT doesn't work for (fixed mass flow + PnPn-2)?

Does anyone have any idea about this? Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Tony