[Nek5000-users] Derivative matrix in 2D axisymmetric case

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 8 12:59:55 CST 2015

Hello Nek's,

    I have a couple of questions regarding the simulations in 2D
axisymmetric case.
    The first one concerns the variational problem. If IFAXIS=T, what
Navier Stockes equation is utilized- the one in cartesian coordinate system
or the one in cylindrical coordinate system (and what gradient of test
function is taken)?
     The second one concerns stiffness matrix. It seems to me that we add
the suplement term if an element is placed at the axe (ifrzer(e)=true). Why
do we do this?  Plus, different derivative matrix are utilized in
differents collocation points (Gauss-Lobato-Jacobi) for theses elements but
 added term isn't utilized with stress-formulation.

Thanks a lot,

ANDREY

<http://www.multitran.ru/c/m.exe?t=553818_1_2&s1=%E2%E0%F0%E8%E0%F6%E8%EE%ED%ED%E0%FF%20%E7%E0%E4%E0%F7%E0>