[Nek5000-users] Nek5000-users Digest, Vol 78, Issue 11

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 30 20:27:00 CDT 2015

Hello, Phillip and nekers,

Thanks for your help. I think I found the reason.

Yesterday, I uploaded the .rea file where the boundary conditions was
deleted because I got a warning for the file size exceeding 120 kB.

I look into the tutorial today, and find my mistake lies in the fact
that I changed the restart options and then I compiled the case files,
but in the tutorial it compiles the case files first and modifies the
.rea file for restart. And now after following exactly the tutorial it
is working, I don't know the exact logics in these differences. (I bet
this might be the reason? if yes, can you give some explaination). I
never used nek before, so there might be some misunderstanding, but
fortunately I got it fixed, this might be tuition for beginners:-) .

Thanks again, and I can continue to progress now.

form Allen