[Nek5000-users] Nek5000+MOAB

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 25 14:05:26 CDT 2014

>Andrea, thanks for reporting the issue about the cub file version
>incompatibility. Can you give details on the version of Trelis and cub
>file format (13.x, 14.x ?) used here ?

 Trelis version is 15.03 ( I just downloaded the trial version a
couple of days ago). I don't know the version of the cubit file
format, how I can inquire?

>Just a note for the future: it would be good to email moab-dev about
>any issues like these since most of the MOAB devs aren't subscribed to
>NEK mailing lists.

Ok, I will keep in mind for the future. Initially I was not sure that
it was a problem of MOAB. Indeed mbconvert was working without any
warnings. It is just that inside the mesh all the information linked
to geometrical entities are lost. For instance, if I define a sideset
with a surface is lost, if it is defined with the mesh elements it was
keeped.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 4:56 AM,  <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
>* Just an update.
*>>* The problem was related to MOAB which is not able to read the
latest .cub of
*>* Trelis. I exported the mesh in Exodus II format and then I convert it with
*>* MOAB and everything is working now.
*>>>* Here comes another issue. I noticed that I can use only the PnPn
*>* formulation, but I would like to use the perturbation mode. At first glance
*>* (looking at drive1.f) it seems that the perturbation mode is available only
*>* on PnPn-2 formulation. Am I wrong?
*>>* Thanks,
*>>* Andrea