[Nek5000-users] SYM and ON boundary conditions

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 24 22:49:33 CDT 2014

Yes, the SYM conditions make sense. The pressure boundary terms vanish in
the weak formulation as do the viscous boundary terms. I suppose u.n = 0 is
imposed strongly while (grad(u).n).t = 0 is imposed weakly. These two
together imply that grad(p).n = 0 (using the momentum eqn and zero
divergence condition).

Is the implementation of "ON" different from "O". Otherwise I dont see the
need for two different types ?

Thanks
praveen