[Nek5000-users] Moving Wall Advice

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 7 09:00:06 CDT 2014

Hi Mike,

A grep in the examples folder under the Nek repository gave me the example 'fs_hydro' as a comparable case. I'd also take a look at the primer http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~fischer/primer.pdf in particular page 16.
You would probably need different boundary conditions since these cases are free surface cases but maybe you can tweak something to get started.

I am not sure if time dependency for the boundary is covered in any of these examples but you can implement the time advancement in the user file using the same time step as the solver.

Good luck and let us know how it goes,
Oana