[Nek5000-users] implement pressure and velocity BC

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 5 08:33:18 CST 2014

Hi Neks,

I've seen that it is possible to impose BC to a scalar variable in the
.rea file with

***** SCALAR 1  BOUNDARY CONDITIONS *****

I want to defie something like Ux=Uy=0, dUz/dx=b, grad(p)=a. If I impose
v in

***** FLUID   BOUNDARY CONDITIONS *****

I can then define Ux, Uy, Uz BC in the userbc subroutine. But, how can I
define the BC in the pressure field? I've tried imposing outflow
condition in

***** SCALAR 1  BOUNDARY CONDITIONS *****

Thus, I've copied all the BC defined in Fluid BC, and I've changed v by
O.

However, it doesn't work.

What can I do?

Is there any way to say Nek5000 that I'm going to define velocity and
pressure BC in the userbc suroutine?

Thank you.

SL