[Nek5000-users] Checking convergence to steady solution

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 31 14:22:21 CDT 2014

Hi praveen,

Yes you can ..

         call opsub2(uo,vo,wo,vx,vy,vz)
         call normvc(H1,SEMI,L2,LINF,uo,vo,wo)
         residu = L2/dt
         call opcopy(uo,vo,wo,vx,vy,vz)

The subroutine

1) opsub2 computes the difference between the previous time-step and the current for velocity
uo = uo - vx ..
2) Normvc computes the L2-norm.
3) opcopy copies the [vx,vy,vz] to [uo,vo,wo] to use it for next time step

you can write the the value of residu to a separate file or to the logfile to see it.

Best regards,
Kamal