[Nek5000-users] Checking convergence to steady solution

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 31 14:03:16 CDT 2014

Hello neks
I am computing flow past 2d cylinder at Re=100. To get steady solution I
run the unsteady solver with selective frequency damping. Looking at the
forces on the cylinder and visualizing the solution I can see that I am
getting a steady solution. But I would like to also quantitatively measure
the convergence to the steady state. Is there a way that I can compute some
residual to measure convergence to steady state ?
Thanks
praveen