[Nek5000-users] Effect of CFL number.

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 27 16:01:09 CDT 2014

Dear all,
just to add also the domain length to Paul's answer; Re=2000 for pipe
flow is in fact slightly below the "critical" Reynolds number for
sustained turbulence. In a shorter pipe, turbulence will decay even
faster. This indicates, as Paul mentions, the sensitivity to initial
conditions and geometry, even though I would expect all DNS to
eventually decay to laminar at that Re.

Best regards,
Philipp