[Nek5000-users] Effect of CFL number.

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 27 11:35:02 CDT 2014

Hi Kamal,

In my view, you are trying to run in a regime that is actually not reproducible.
You are right at the transition Re, which implies strong sensitivity to initial
conditions and under such circumstances you should not expect two simulations
at two different resolutions to converge to the same result, just as you would not
expect two turbulent simulations to follow the same trajectory point-by-point, only
on average.