[Nek5000-users] perturbation mode question

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 24 07:21:59 CDT 2014

Hi Neks,

I'm trying to solve the linearized Navier Stokes equations. Following
different posts, I've seen that it maight be possible if I activate the
perturbation mode.

What I'm doing is the following:

1) I set param 31 to

      -1.00000     p031 NPERT: #perturbation modes

2) I have introduced the base flow in the presolve/restart options in
the following way:

                 1  PRESOLVE/RESTART OPTIONS  *****
             BASE0.f00011

Should it be enough to solve this problem?
I don't know how to introduce the perturbation in the equations and how
to set in Nek5000 the file BASE0.f00011 as base flow.

Thanks
SL