[Nek5000-users] how to define boundary conditions with a specified function.

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 18 03:46:24 CDT 2014

Hello Neks,

Again, since  u=2*x, then u_x=2, the boundary conditions for uy should be
v_y = -u_x = -2.
when I set the boundary type as "v" and it is aligned/parallel with X-axis. the value of uy will be equal to zero by default. So in this case is it feasible to set "v" as boundary type?

I find here http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/2011-April/001312.html
and http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/2010-December/001184.html
have a similar question with mine.  Is there someone can give me some advices? thank you!!

Wei