[Nek5000-users] nek installation and running errors

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 22 05:02:01 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to download and install NEK5000 and trying to get a hang of it. I have downloaded and tried to the first example from the 'quick start' page.  The compilation is successful after the makenek command. However, it does not realize further nek commands such as nek, nekb etc. (command not found error)I went on to issue the command ./nek5000 eddy_uv and following was the output.

 Number of processors:           1
 REAL    wdsize      :           8
 INTEGER wdsize      :           4
 No file SESSION.NAME; using defaults of
 PATH=. and SESSION=NEK.

  Beginning session:
  ./NEK.rea

 timer accuracy:   0.0000000E+00 sec

 read .rea file
At line 32 of file /home/thangam/nek5_svn/trunk/nek/connect2.f (unit = 9, file = '')
Fortran runtime error: File './NEK.rea' does not exist

I have put a copy of the scripts under the /bin directory as well.

I dont understand what I am missing and where im going wrong!

Thanks.
Thangam.