[Nek5000-users] periodic boundary conditions

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 16 02:40:02 CDT 2014

Hi Neks,

I'm trying to simulate the flow past a flat plate. I've generated the
mesh with Gambit and later I've used the code from Michael Meador to
convert the Gambit file to Nek5000. Everything works fine, however I
have a problem with the periodic boundary conditions.

I've imposed periodic BC in 2 sides of the domain. The output of the
code to Nek5000 for the periodic BC is (e.g.):

P      1       3      0.00000       0.00000       0.00000       0.00000
      0.00000

So, I cannot link the two sides of the domain.

Do you know if there is any way to link these sides?

Thanks
SL