[Nek5000-users] Midside Node Support for Nek5000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 15 15:27:35 CDT 2014

Hi Phil,

Yes - nek5000 supports midside nodes (20-noded bricks).

The nodes are entered as curve side info with the "m" character discriminator.

I don't see any examples illustrating usage, but it is similar to the "C" curved
side, save that you place "m" instead of C, and that there can be 12 edges.
The first 3 reals in the indicator are the x,y,z coords of the midside.

Paul