[Nek5000-users] Midside Node Support for Nek5000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 15 13:36:20 CDT 2014

Neks,

I am working on a script for translating 3rd-Party grids to Nek5000 and
mid-side node support would greatly improve the quality of the grids.

I am wondering inf Nek5000 supports midside nodes?  I was looking through
the archived user lists and saw a thread from 2010 about a matlab script
for translating Gambit grids to Nekton that supported midside nodes, but I
wasn't sure if Nek5000 supports this feature.  If so, could some please
provide an example of how this is structured in the *rea file? Or
additionally, if someone could share the 2010 matlab script with me that
would be greatly appreciated.

Phil Sakievich

psakievi at asu.edu
PhD Student - Mechanical Engineering
Arizona State University - Ira A. Fulton School for Engineering of Matter
Transport and Energy
Tempe, Arizona