[Nek5000-users] turboJet problem...

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 28 15:45:29 CST 2014

Hello,
I am rechecking the example turboJet. I have several questions:

1. Concerning DNS/LES: in the example, the viscosity is -10935. This is
certainly a very small viscosity which corresponds to LES. The parameter
param(101)=1 and param(103)=0.05. If I wish to simulate DNS what would
be the values of param(101),param(103) and viscosity (param(1)) in this
particular example?

2. As the simulation progresses, it seems that the current CFL suddenly
grows and eventually the simulation blows up. I divided up the time step
up to 0.0005 and it still crashes. I am using TORDER=2 which has a
larger region of stability, without a significant success.
I looked at the mailing list archive and found in 2010 a posting which
refers to variable time stepping:
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/2010-July/000778.html
Is it relevant to my case, and if it so, how can adapt it in turboJet
example?

Many thanks,
Barak Galanti