[Nek5000-users] Pipe with expansion

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 22 09:53:42 CST 2014

Axial viscous stress is given by torq_calc -- that's no problem whatsoever.  You get a number as a
function of time.

You can even get stresses on multiple subsets of the geometry (e.g., if you had multiple branches
in the domain or multiple cylinders.   The drag, which is a byproduct of the torque computation (which
you can ignore), is given in terms of the viscous and pressure components separately and as the
sum of the two.

You can identify domain boundaries by checking the boundary conditions.  Here, I recommend
looking at the set_obj routines in several of the /example cases.