[Nek5000-users] Load_fld() without restart

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 20 11:33:53 CST 2014

Hi Holly,

I'm not quite sure how to estimate how much time is needed to load the .fld
files, it would certainly depend on how many processors you are using,
whether you are using MPI_IO, etc.. (maybe the main developers could give
some sort of leading order complexity here?)

As for the variables, the main variables (vx, vy, vz, pr, t) are
overwritten each time step, although I think there are some lag arrays
available (such as vxlag).  However, I'm not familiar with how these are
used, so you may want to do some digging.

Josh