[Nek5000-users] The first time step in a Nek file must contain a mesh error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 9 16:31:29 CST 2014

Hi Kamal,

It looks like your metadata file for Visit needs to be changed to:

filetemplate:  helix%01d.f%05d

This should result in the example working as expected.  You can check that
the helix0.f000001 file has the mesh by:
head -1 helix0.f00001 |strings
There should be an 'X' in the alpha-character line that signifies the xyz
data is found in that file.