[Nek5000-users] Lid driven cavity using nek5000

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 24 15:56:43 CST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to solve a simple lid driven cavity problem with nek5000. I
set up a coarse 3d mesh and prescribed the velocity for the lid
according to Bouffanis et al. 2008 PoF (to ensure that there is no
discontinuity between the lid and the walls),I'm getting a vanishing
jacobian error. I'm not sure how nek solves, but for the moving wall do
I have to prescribe the mesh velocity equal to the lid velocity or is
there a way to specify that the mesh doesn't really move in time?

Thanks for your help!

--
Regards
Shriram