[Nek5000-users] Vorticity as initial condition

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 13 01:32:38 CST 2014

Hello Ishmael
The code uses a kernel regularization technique to avoid the singularity in
the integrand. This has a parameter delta; try to change it and see what
happens.

If you use the P(n)-P(n-2) scheme, then you could integrate on the pressure
mesh. This should avoid the singularity problem and you dont need the
regularization. This may be a better approach.

Best
praveen