[Nek5000-users] Vorticity as initial condition

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 12 11:34:34 CST 2014

(Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 06:23:13PM +0100) nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov :
> (Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 06:39:58PM +0530) nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov :
> > In a 2-d case involving a vortex dipole, I have used Biot-Savart law to
> > calculate the velocity. This is very inefficient of course, and I could
> > only run it in serial. If you want to see, it is here
> >
> > https://code.google.com/p/cfdlab/source/browse/trunk/nek5000/vortex_dipole/
> >
> > See initcond.usr and the function usrchk.
>
> Hi,
>
> I had a try with your code, and it looks very strange with your example
> case (A lot of noise). However it looks perfect with the one that I want,
> which is only radial vorticity, so thank you very much for your help!

Sorry, I spoke too fast: I was looking twice at the same image...
I have strange behavior of the initcond routine: you can see here the
initial vorticity and the vorticity -> velocity -> vorticity.
http://www.normalesup.org/~bouya/temp/vorticity.png

They don't look the same at all, even if one can more or less "guess" the
calculated value in the middle. Did you have the same kind of issues?
Did I miss something? (I tried to follow the steps in the README file)

Thanks!

Best regards,
--
Ismael