[Nek5000-users] relocation errors on small example?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 4 17:14:39 CST 2014

I am trying to set up an example problem with Nek5000.  Unfortunately,
I'm hitting the notorious:

  relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol

error with it.  I gather from past posts that this is an issue with
grid/problem sizes. However, I'm just using eddy_uv at the moment, with
minor modifications to bump the grid size up.  Diff appended.

By removing some (seemingly) unused common blocks for this problem I
managed to get it to link with a 192x192x1 grid, but it aborts quickly,
complaining that the problem size is too large.  I feel like I must be
doing something, because 192x192 of 32bit floats is tiny: 144K.

Could anyone point me towards what I've messed up, here?

Thanks,

-tom