[Nek5000-users] LES-wall

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 30 10:29:03 CST 2014

Hi Mohsen,

Yes the turbChannel case is a good point to start with. However, explicit
filtering as LES model only works when using wall-resolved LES. My past
experience shows, to use wall-model, one must have a good eddy-viscosity
model, to properly emulate wall layer physics. Explicit filtering of LES,
is way too bad in preserving the wall physics.

Sincerely,
Tanmoy

Best Regards,
Tanmoy