[Nek5000-users] surface integral as function of z

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 19 07:34:03 CST 2014

Dear Nek's

I am planning to calculate the surface integral at a given ' z '
position .  ( z is my flow direction)

I know there is a sub routine surface_int(U,A,v,e,f)  to calculate the
surface integral, where the elements are identified using the boundary
condition.

What should I do calculate the surface integral as function of z position.

                /
i.e   E=   |  omega^2   dx dy
               /

I tried to dump the data using the  function interp_v(uvw,xyz,n) at a
particular cross section but it is not helping much, since I need
thousands of cross section data to have  E as a function of z .

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
Kamal