[Nek5000-users] Prex problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 24 18:53:38 CDT 2014

Dear Katherine,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the unclear description in last email.

I tried both actually.  For pretex, somtimes I have to give proper BC type for shown element no. and face index. Yes I can set them up once I checked the element corner list in .rea file according to their numbers. But I hate to say it is rally clumsy esp. when there are tens or even higher numbers of boundary elements to set.

This is why I also tried prex, and then I got the problem I showed in last email. A black window without showing the topology of my mesh looks strange, since there are no X11 compatibility problem (I am using Ubuntu 13.10 & 14.04). Meanwhile, I can show the mesh by opening a .rea file from postx, but you know I cannot set BCs there.

Best regards,

Zhenyu