[Nek5000-users] Internal boundary condition

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 21 19:00:44 CDT 2014

Dear Mohsen,

Years ago we did support internal walls, but that's no longer the case with the current workflow.

The issue is that the gridpoints across the interface are identified as being one and the same if
they are physically adjacent.  It would be possible to hack into your vertex numbering to make
these different (i.e., after they are generated by genmap), or to make a geometry in which they
are distinct by having a finite-thickness wall, but either way requires some application specific
coding in your usr file or modifications to your map file.

Paul