[Nek5000-users] Outlet boundary treatment

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 14 10:17:24 CDT 2014

Dear Neks,

I want to simulate turbulent flow in a stenosis, and use outflow boundary
condition at the outlet. Because of the possible backflow at the outlet in
this case, I want to impose div U>0 at the last layer of the outlet.

I have already seen an example in NEK5000 website (peris) which uses the
same boundary condition as I want to impose.
In this example, three subroutines are mentioned as the names of the
following to apply this boundary condition:
*fill_div(div)*
*set_outflow_dist*
*get_div_const(cdiv)*
Now, I intend to use the same outlet B.C for a case the same as stenosis in
pipe example. The both examples; pipe and peris, have similar geometries.
So, may I use these subroutines exactly in the .usr file of stenosis case?
or I should do any modification in this case.

Thanks so much in advance.

Omid