[Nek5000-users] Problem reading binary .fld files into postnek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 4 08:33:51 CDT 2013

Hi Neks,

I am having some issues importing my binary-type data into postnek. When
the files are imported into postnek, many of the elements are missing and
this is part of the message that appears in the terminal:

-Adobe-Helvetica-Medium-R-Normal--12-120-75-75-P-67-ISO8859-1
 NEKTON Version   2.6

 I/O Error: No String Terminator sent to PRS
Enter Session Name (Default= g40cond_as

 I/O Error: No String Terminator sent to PRS
 Beginning Session g40cond_as

 renaming SESSION.NAME SESSION.NAME~
 Session name:"g40cond_as
                   "
cp: /Users/chris/.nekdefaults: No such file or directory
 renaming g40cond_as.plt01                         g40cond_as.plt01~

 LTRUNC: string:          80

 LTRUNC: string:          28
Wed Sep  4 09:30:51 EDT 2013
 I/O Error: No String Terminator sent to PRS
 Reading geometry from
XYZ Min,Max:
  -40.0000       40.0000
  -40.0000       40.0000
   0.00000       1.00000
           1        3017           1  TRYING TO READ BC
           7        3072           2  TRYING TO READ BC
           7        3072           3  TRYING TO READ BC
           7        3072           4  TRYING TO READ BC
           7        3072           5  TRYING TO READ BC
Error reading options in .REA file

 this is iffmat: F   4.0000000
g40cond_as

g40cond_as.fld01

The same data can be read correctly in Visit, however. Any ideas?

Additionally, if this problem cannot be overcome, is there a way to take
profile points using Visit or Matlab?

Thank you for your help,

Chris

--