[Nek5000-users] postx black window

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 20 03:40:15 CDT 2013

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response.

I already put PATH = ~/bin:$PATH in ~/.bashrc
running nekb is not a problem, the logfile gives the right results by using
nekb or nekbmpi
so the computation is ok.

The question lies on postx
I typed postx on the command line, then a black window appears, on the top
of which there is "Nekton".
but I do not see any sidebar

And on the terminal, it asks "Enter Session Name"

I left click the window with the cursor , and then "return" on the keyboard
it returns on the terminal

Enter Session Name
 Beginning
Session

 renaming SESSION.NAME SESSION.NAME~
 Session
name:

 ** ERROR **  Can't open file .rea
Enter Session Name

XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
":0.0"
      after 235 requests (235 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

What is wrong here?

Thank you very much !

Tubois

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 1:57 AM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> The easiest thing is to copy the nekb script to your working directory.
>
> There should also be a .soft file or something where you can add
>
> PATH = ~/bin:$PATH
>
> to get your bin directory into your path.
>
> hth, Paul

Ecole Polytechnique
Email; zhenlan.gao at polytechnique.edu
          zhenlan.gao at gadz.org