[Nek5000-users] Variable density flows

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 13 01:46:59 CDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> You can also try error function like profile with 0 value at the inlet and
> increases to a peak somewhere and stays constant up to the exit so gradient
> is0 at the exit
> Insulation normally refers to the diffusive flux (first form)
> Ammar

Thanks for the tips. I am using a smoothed initial condition for scalar
now. However after some time the scalar does not stay within [0,1] which is
important. My time step is already small with cfl ~= 0.1. What can I do to
get better behaviour of the scalar ?

The diffusion coefficient for my scalar is quite small, D = 5*10^(-5).

Regards
praveen