[Nek5000-users] Variable density flows

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 12 23:41:31 CDT 2013

The c=0 bc Is not consistent with the initial condition. You are generating a big error at t=0 that persists throughout your simulation. My understanding is you want to simulate the dispersion of a scalar that is already injected in a flow at t=0 right?  I would spatially localize the concentration so that it decays to 0 at the inflow boundary ..a Gaussian exp(- x-a)^2) is a good candidate for your initial conditions
Ammar

Sent from my iPhone