[Nek5000-users] Problem reading file using load_fld

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 14 07:44:55 CST 2013

Hello

I saved some binary *.f??? files and now I try to read them for
postprocessing using load_fld function. I get this error

 done :: set initial conditions

 call userchk

 File channel0.f00001
          loaded.

 set initial conditions

 Checking restart options: channel0.f00001

 nekuic (1) for ifld            1

 nekuic (1) for ifld            2

 nekuic (1) for ifld            3

 Reading checkpoint data

     WARNING:  No data read in for file channel0.f00001

     Failed on  element****,  point    0.

     Last read dump:

           0 call exitt 1702a           1

I have set param(66) = param(67) = 6 in usrdat() both for running the
simulation and for postprocessing.

I used the exact same rea file for simulation and for postprocessing.

Do I need to set any other restart options for this to work ?

Thanks
praveen