[Nek5000-users] Interpolating data onto an evenly spaced grid

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 13 12:27:41 CST 2013

I want to  interpolate my nek5000 data fields (*.fxxxxx) onto an evenly
spaced grid (and globally evenly spaced so g2gi does not help here since my
elements are not all of the same size). It seems like hpts is set up for
this, where I read in a data file, call hpts (the data in hpts.in is my
evenly spaced grid), and output the data to hpts.out. However, I have some
pretty big grids, so I need to use the parallelization feature (i.e., set
lhis to npts/np, here npts = total number of interpolation points and np =
number of processors). However, then the data output to hpts.out is jumbled
up. If I instead set lhis to the total number of points, the output data is
fine. I suspect there is a bug somewhere in  hpts such that it mixes up the
data.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Janet