[Nek5000-users] Variable density flows

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 4 23:22:04 CST 2013

These tips are most useful. I am able to run some high Re and high Pe cases
but I still need really large meshes to ensure that the scalar stays
bounded between [0,1].

Is the characteristic time stepping going to be useful for these cases ? I
have read that it allows larger time steps. Since "characteristic" means
some upwind effect, I was wondering does it help to maintain better
monotonicity of advected scalars ?

Thanks
praveen